1. Only 8% of the world’s money exists physically while rest is digital.
2. Domain name registrations were free till 1995
3. Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Amazon are all powered by Linux. Yes, Linux is not among the most popular OS for the general consumers. But, Linux leads the Industry.
4. The first computer mouse was invented during 1960’s by Douglas Engelbert. The mouse was rectangular in shape and made of wood. It was named mouse due to the cord coming out of it.
5. The first commercial storage hard disk device was IBM model 350 that was able to store only 5 MB data and was of the size of a washing machine.
6. Michigan Micro Mote is the world’s smallest computer that contains solar cells and can click pictures, record temperature and pressure.
7. The first mobile phone was Motorola DynaTAC 800x costing $4000 launched in 1983.
9. The name “Machintosh” was inspired by an Apple with the name “mcIntosh”
10. The only state that can be typed on the same line of a QWERTY keyboard is Alaska. You just checked didn’t you?
11. In 1999, PayPal, with its original business model, was voted top ten worst business ideas. As of 2015, they are a $9.24 billion dollar business.
12. People who are using a computer blink 66% less than those who aren’t.
13. The first ever domain to be registered, symbolics.com, is still in existence today 31 years and 275 million domain names later.
14. The computers used in the Apollo 11 trip to the moon had less processing power than a modern day cell phone.
15. What percentage of India uses Internet?
Indians often turn to mobile internet, as the large majority of the digital population in India were mobile internet users in 2016. About 323 million people in India accessed the internet through their mobile phones in 2016, which corresponds to about 24.3 percent of the country’s population.
16. On August 16, 2013, Google was not reachable for 5 minutes, in that time the global Internet usage was decreased by 40%.
17. What happens on the Internet in 60 seconds ?
18. Around 40% of the world population has an Internet connection today; 20 years ago, it was less than 1%.
19. The original name of Windows was Interface Manager.
20. What is the full form of CAPTCHA ?
The CAPTCHA acronym stands for “Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart. ” To date, no computer has successfully solved CAPTCHA security codes.